3 hour course $125.00 [Melbourne Only]
This course is for anyone passionate about coffee and wanting to make the best possible espresso at home or even thinking about being a barista. It’s informative and friendly, we enjoy sharing our knowledge and experience! Hosted by one of our professional coffee trainers, we cover:-
- The origins of coffee, the different species and how they taste
- How coffee is roasted, blending techniques and how coffee needs to be cared for.
- Espresso fundamentals; from the technical definitions of espresso to the right grind
- Texturing milk- the secrets of smooth, velvety milk frothing
- Home coffee makers and tips on buying the best machine - try out a few!
- Lastly, there’s time to talk about the myths, do’s and don’ts of making great coffee at home and finish with some espresso innovations from one of the worlds leading chefs.
The Home Barista Basics course is 3 hours jam-packed full of fun, information and plenty of coffee. We can also provide private special classes for clubs, work or social groups.
(3 hour course – only available to Lavazza café or restaurant customers)
To book in, please contact your Lavazza Area Manager.
Available in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney.
Delivered by our In Cup Quality Managers, the Professional Coffee course provides the essential espresso foundations required for every professional Barista. The course is very hands on, informal and practical - we've been training longer than anyone else so we've learnt a thing or two along the way!
The Professional Coffee course covers:-
- Coffee origins, species, blending, roasting and flavour/aroma protection through packaging.
- The Lavazza story – how a family passion started in 1895 and continues to this day
- Espresso making - theory and practice
- Milk texturing, temperature and pouring techniques
- The espresso menu from doppio ristretto to piccolo latte
- Daily In cup quality assessment and grind control
- Essential espresso equipment cleaning
- Tips and advice on equipment servicing
- Coffee at home – professional tips for home users
- Being a professional barista
Everyone attending a Professional Espresso course receives a certificate and set of Lavazza Training Centre guides covering grind control, milk texturing and cleaning procedures.