Theformer Enel “centrale”, or “power plant” on via Bologna was built in 1897 by Turin-based engineer Ermenegildo Perini for the Società Anonima Elettrica Alta, Italy. The plan, drawn by Cino Zucchi Architetti, was to refurbish the building, whose 4,500 m2 were destined to functions of public interest, and it has enhanced the architecture, in particular the imposing machine room.
The main section of the Lavazza plant has become a great flexible environment that can accommodate up to 1,000 people for cultural, musical and artistic events and activities. The elevated space inside, which is independent and raised, has two meeting rooms for a total of 220 seats.
- gourmet restaurant, Condividere, by Lavazza designed in collaboration with the famous Catalan chef Ferran Adrià, scenography designed by Dante Ferretti and cuisine by Federico Zanai. It is on the ground floor and can be directly accessed from via Pisa and the piazza; it will be a restaurant of excellence, with an unprecedented concept, 540 m2 in size with seating for 50.
- Bistrot, a collective restaurant area, developed in collaboration with Slow Food, also open to the public;