Espresso Martini is an iconic drink that was invented in the 80’s by British bartender, Dick Bradsell at Fred’s Club in London. They say the cocktail was originally requested by a model who wanted to turn her night around. Bradsell mixed vodka with espresso and coffee liqueur: that’s how the Espresso Martini was born.
When he first created one of his most renowned creations, he melted persistent coffee notes with a velvety and smooth chocolate taste, calling for Wyborowa vodka and Kahlua . Let’s learn how to make Espresso Martini through the best Espresso Martini recipe!
All you need to prepare your Espresso Martini is a Moka Pot, a cocktail shaker and a martini glass.
As we are about to see, one of the benefits of this quick and easy homemade Espresso Martini recipe is that it requires only four ingredients.
· 29.5 ml coffee
· 29.5 ml vodka
· 29.5 ml coffee liquor
· 6 ice cubes
· 1 teaspoon of sugar
To elevate your drink further, add a vanilla flavoured vodka for a distinct yet smooth flavour.
Follow these simple and quick steps for a mind-blowing, perfect Espresso Martini:
· STEP 1 – Make the sugar syrup by placing the caster sugar in a small pan over medium heat and pour in 50 ml water, stir and bring to a boil.
· STEP 2 (Optional) - Place a few ice cubes in the glass for a few minutes while you prepare the drink and then discard it before pouring the drink.
· STEP 3 – Once the sugar syrup is cool, pour 1 tbsp. into the shaker along with the ice, vodka, coffee liqueur and coffee. Shake until the outside of the shaker feels icy cold.
· STEP 4 – Strain into the chilled glasses and garnish.
Before straining your cocktail, ensure your glasses are chilled.
At this point, three espresso beans floating on your Espresso Martini foam will make the look perfect.
Now, all you need to do is to get ready and enjoy. Relax and imagine you are in your favourite lounge bar anywhere in the world. You may add as garnish, cocoa powder or a chocolate wafer.
As the name itself suggests, the drink is supposed to be made with espresso coffee. Nevertheless, while instant coffee can be a choice in case you are in a hurry or just need to save time, and espresso powder can’t be compared to the real thing, it is highly recommended to use a stovetop moka pot .
Freshly brewed espresso of high quality coffee is definitely to be considered as the best option.
The ideal blend for this recipe is undoubtedly a full-bodied, intense one, such as the ¡Tierra! Bio Organic from Central and South America . It’s amazing Italian roast delivers an aromatic cup with a pleasant chocolaty aftertaste that perfectly fits the Espresso Martini.
As the result of the union of natural Brazilian Arabica and Robusta, Lavazza Qualità Rossa , with its full and enveloping flavour, is an ideal solution granting your drink a lingering boost.
Whether you consider it a prestigious digestif, a party cocktail or a night-time drink, all you need to know is that it just tastes absolutely delicious. Why not combine caffeine with alcohol? Just add a shot while brewing your Espresso Martini, and it will rock your night with that boozy magical power that has been inebriating the nightlife since the ’80s!
1. Prepare an espresso and add sugar.
2. Place the ice, the sweetened coffee, the vodka and the Frangelico in the shaker.
3. Shake well and pour the contents into a Martini glass.
4. Cut the chocolate in half and then use a knife to make an incision: use this to fit it on the rim of the cup.
A party cocktail, a luxurious digestif or a night-time drink? No one is quite sure; all we know is that we absolutely love it.