Lavazza Australia PTY LTD collects your personal information (“PI”) including name, phone number, email address and membership details, when you enter this promotion for the purposes of administering the promotion. If we do not collect your PI you will not be able to enter this promotion or claim your prize. We may disclose this information to third parties such as local lottery authorities and service providers assisting us with administering this promotion, for the purpose of conducting this promotion, including prize notification and fulfilment.
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Promoter is Lavazza Australia PTY LTD, ABN 94 605 275 107 located at Level 9, 50 Queen St, Melbourne, 1300 307 171 (“Promoter”).
4. This promotion is open to all Australian residents. Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or of the agencies or companies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. Participants under the age of 18 must first seek permission from their parent or legal guardian, and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
5. The promotion commences on Monday 9th October 2023 at 5:00pm AEDST, and concludes on Monday 13th November 2023 at 11.59pm AEDST (“Promotional Period”).
How to enter
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
7. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their details, are correct and up to date when sharing with the Promoter.
8. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
9. The judging will take place at Level 9, 50 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia at 9.00am AEDST on Tuesday 14th November 2023. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
10. The winners will be notified by email within eight (8) hours of their entry being chosen.
11. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion is final and binding on each person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. All entries will be judged individually on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
13. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
14. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
15. The best three (3) valid entries, as determined by the judges will each win one (1) Oscar Hunt Tailored Suit valued at up to $1,700. Prize must be redeemed within 12months of winner notification. Prize is redeemable in-store only. Store locations include:
16. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any eligible entrant where the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
18. If a prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
19. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical or other difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the promotion in whole or in part as appropriate; or (b) to disqualify any entrant.
20. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged, redeemed for cash, or substituted except when permitted by the Promoter in their sole discretion. If for any reason a winner does not take/redeem a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
21. Total prize pool value is up to AU$5,100.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image, entry and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited time without notice or remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is the original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
24. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
25. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use/redemption of a prize.
28. Entrants acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram, and that any queries, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram. In participating in this promotion, entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. To the extent permitted by law, entrant releases Instagram from all liability in relation to this promotion.