- Use only Lavazza A Modo Mio or compatible capsules.
- Always place the machine on a flat, even surface.
- Only use cold water to fill the water tank; never use milk or other liquids.
- The appliance and accessories may overheat during operation. Only use the designated lever and allow the appliance to cool down before cleaning or storing.
- Remove and rinse the water tank.
- Fill the water tank up to the MAX level, using only fresh, still drinking water.
- Refit the tank.
- Plug the power cord into a power outlet socket.
- Press the on/brew switch to turn on the machine.
- Wait until the machine has completed the heating cycle. The machine is ready when the on/brew switch lights up with a steady light.
- Before brewing coffee, run at least 0.5 litres of water through the appliance, without any capsules in the machine.
Now you're ready to taste your blends using the capsules. Enjoy your coffee!
- Do not let the power cable come into contact with the hot parts of the appliance.
- Never leave the appliance unattended when it is connected to the mains.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquids.
- Do not exceed the maximum filling volume indicated on the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance if the water tank has not been filled.
- Do not use the same capsule more than once.
- Do not use the appliance outdoors.
- Do not place your fingers or any other objects in the capsule compartment.
Limescale formation is a normal occurrence when using your coffee machine and will result in reduced water flow or cold coffee. For this reason, you will need to descale the machine every three months or so.
To complete the descaling process, use a non-toxic and/or non-harmful type of descaling product for coffee machines, commonly available on the market.
Do not drink the descaling solution and liquids that have run through the machine until the cycle is complete.
Never use vinegar as a descaling agent.
- Remove and empty the water tank.
- Fill the tank with a solution of descaling agent and water, as specified on the packaging of the descaling product. Refit the tank.
- Turn on the machine and place a container under the spout.
- Press the on/brew switch and allow 2 cups of water (approx. 150 ml each) to run through.
- Allow the descaling agent to work for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat the process until the water tank is completely empty.
- Remove the tank and rinse it with fresh drinking water. Fill it completely.
- Press the on/brew switch to turn on the machine. Place a suitable container under the spout. Press the on/brew switch and allow all the liquid in the tank to run through.
- Once the water is finished, refill the tank and repeat the process described in the previous step. The descaling process will be completed at the end of the cycle.